Vision Data Manual
What Is Visiondata?
VisionData is a virtual database used to store all of your digital media. Files of any kind
and size can be stored in your VisionData database and stored to your specific
categorization and keyword preferences.
Home - This tab allows you to choose and view all the current active Project Rooms.
Within this tab each project room has five actions that one is able to choose:
- Go to Room - Lets the user access the chosen project room.
- Manage Users – Gives the user permission to add/delete more users, and as well the ability to see all active and inactive users.
- Archive – Gives the user to option to archive the project, and th ability to see all of the previous archived projects.
- Clone – Gives the user the option to duplicate the project.
- Delete Notes
Files – This tab allows the user to add a new file and/or a new folder. As well it gives
the option to view all files that are already uploaded.
- New File – Once the user chooses to create a new file, a form pops up containing particular information about the file being uploaded (see How to Create a File). This form is a default template that can be customized for your convenience (see Creating a Template). Once the button Create is pushed it will give you the option to edit or/and upload media. The edit option will take you back to the previous form, and the upload option lets the user upload files that are up to 50MB (see Uploading Media).
- Add Folder – This gives the user the ability to add as many folders as needed to organize all of the media and files. The folders can be seen at the left hand side of the browser(see How to Create a Folder)
- All Files – – This gives the user the facility to see all of the files in the VisionData library.
Media – This tab allows the user to upload new media in two different forms. As well it
gives the user the convenience to see all of the Media that has been already uploaded
(Images, Video, other Media, and Media to be filed, etc).
- Upload New Media - Lets the users upload files that are up to 50MB (see Uploading Media).
- Upload via FTP – This option lets users upload files that are up to 500MB using FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
Downloads - This tabs allows users to request a download and view the download
history (see How to Request a Download).
Admin - This tab allows the user to customize the space, view all files that are being
shared with other project rooms, manage and edit templates, edit/add categories, and the
ability to edit and add contact information.
- Custom Branding - In this pull-down menu option, the user is able to change the header logo for the home page. Add and customize a specific Project Tag Line, it will give the user the ability to choose with ease a specific location for the tagline, and as well the option to choose your font colour (see How to Customize the Home Page).
- Shared Files – This option allows the users to view all the files that are being shared with specific project rooms and/or pitch rooms (see How to Share a File With a Project Room).
- Manage Templates – This allows the user to customize and create specific templates for specific files (see Creating a Template).
- Category Manager – Lets the user create and view categories, for specific files (see How to Add Categories).
- Contact Details – Allows the user to edit his/her contact information (see How to Edit Contact Information).
VisionScout [Standard] Manual
The VisionScout [Standard] is a personal visual database that allows location professionals to store an unlimited number of location files online. It connects to our other services VisionProject, VisionPitch, and VisionConnect, which is a local Location Library. The manual is located here
VisionScout [Extended] Manual
The VisionScout [Extended] is a personal visual database that allows location professionals to store an unlimited number of location files online. It connects to our other services VisionProject, VisionPitch, and VisionConnect, which is a Location Library. You can allow client access to selected resources of your personal database. The manual is located here
VisionProject is a collaborative work space that enables companies to bring together disparate resources and talent in one place, in order to avoid redundancy and opacity in a given project. The manual is located here
VisionPitch allows you to send a focused message to a prospective client. The manual is located here
VisionConnect is an online library of locations for film. Here is our manual.
New VisionProject Manual